Friday, September 19, 2008

"Bla Ma" Mia!

Isabel Jeanne is talking! She said her first words yesterday! And, I'm happy to report she went with "Ma Ma!" I hope this means she's going to be a Mama's girl. James went with "Da Da" first and now he and JL are like two little peas in a pod.

At first I thought it was a fluke. James and I were playing with her and all of a sudden she stuck out her tongue and said "Ma Ma." Ok, so maybe it sounds more like "Bla Ma" but it's words! Very different than her typical screeching and screaming and gooing and gaaing. James looked at me and said "Is'bel is talkin' Mamma!" And I'll be darned - she was!

This morning she has said it about a dozen more times. It's so cute. I tried to get a bit of it on video, but she got stage fright. :-)

Here's a couple of pictures of her. (I love the little onesie she has on today!) When James saw her he proudly said to me "Look Mamma! Is'bel's got fishes on her shirt!"

3 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

Yeah!!! Way to go Isabel!!! What a cutie!!

Stephanie T said...

So did JL believe that she said Ma-Ma first:-) Are you really sure??? It's pretty convenient that you don't have it on video...I can't believe how big she is getting.

Kelly said...

Yeah!!! That's wonderful.