Thursday, September 18, 2008

Oh, my aching.....everything!

So it's been almost a full week now since we joined the gym. I have to say, so far it's great! Although, I must admit - it's PAINFUL!

Monday night I did some fat burning to the tune of Hip Hop. It was awesome! It's basically 60 minutes of cardio where we just dance around (very fast) to music and learn some moves. Then we string them all together and let loose! It was so fun I hardly felt like I was working out.

By Tuesday I was feeling pumped and motivated. I was suppose to do an hour of strength training, but we had a playdate during the day and then JL had a biathlon that night so I skipped out. ;-)

Wednesday was Latin Fusion. Same concept as Hip Hop only to Latin music. For whatever reason, this one was tough! We learned stuff like the cha cha and the marange and some other stuff I was clueless about. I don't know if I'm just not coordinated enough or maybe I was more tired than I thought from Monday's workout. Either way I was feeling the burn after about 20 minutes. I felt like Elaine from Seinfeld most of the time...

Today I am just getting back from Core. It's 30 minutes of strength training (aka 30 minutes of ab. pain.) (aka 30 minutes of leg pain.) (aka 30 minutes of arm pain.) WOW! I am weak! Our instructor was saying that if you just do 30 minutes of core training every week, you will be stronger in every workout you do after just 4 weeks. Really? Ok, I believe you.

Excuse me now while I go collapse on the couch!

2 comments:

Stephanie T said...

The first class sounds awesome! Totally fun!

Kelly said...

Your fit husband must be setting a good example for you for all that triathalon stuff he does. Way to go!