Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Out of Necessity

So I guess I'm potty training another kid already. Seems Isabel has developed a habit of trying to potty train herself. In order to save my sanity, I've decided to step in.

This is how her potty training has gone so far: I put her down for a nap. She does her business. She then takes off her diaper. The business falls on the carpet. She then realizes she needs to clean this up before Mom finds it. A light bulb goes off and she walks over to her dress up bin. She pulls out any and all clothing she can use to wipe herself clean. This evidence must be hid away at the bottom of the hamper. And the business on the carpet? Stepping in it and spreading it around seems to at least make it less noticeable. At this point, she's ready to finally nap.

Enter Mama 2 hrs later. No need to tell you by this time the house can smell her antics. Sigh. It's hard to discipline her because I know she's trying to do things like her brother. I mean, he takes his pants off to potty - why shouldn't she? And she's only trying to clean up after herself. SO I bought some pull ups and we're trying to hammer in the concept.

My motivation is strong - life changed a ton after James learned to use the potty. Can you imagine how wonderful to only have the infant in diapers??!!

4 comments:

Christine said...

good luck..!!

mdm said...

Bet she'll be easy to train -- she seems to have the "basic concept" down already.

Jennifer said...

At least she has some interest in training. That's more than I can say for my second in line.

Erin Jeanne said...

Way to go Izzy!! She is advanced, just now two ways about it! and possibly has a bit of the Parker competitive gene in her, if brother can do it, so can she!! GOOD LUCK!!!