Tuesday, June 21, 2011

With Willie, Waylon and the Boys

As a pre-Fathers Day celebration, we took a family roadtrip to Luckenbach. I've wanted to go since we moved out this way. Honestly, I've wanted to go since I was a little girl listening to the famous song about the place. :)

It was a sprawling 10 acre town. Complete with 5 old buildings, a stage, and a bbq join/bar. I thought it was great! The kids loved it too. They had about 5 full-sized roosters roaming around the place. I didn't know this, but roosters can fly. And they can fly well! Most of them were HIGH in the trees above our heads. If one dared to come down, my two boys would chase it around and around and around. :)

At the heart of the town - the old post office

Near the stage - an armadillo playing a guitar

The second of two stores in town!

Wyatt LOVES music! He stood and watched the band so long that other people started taking pictures of how cute he was!

THE biggest Cypress tree we have ever seen!

Just a really cute pictures of my Iz

As we were walking out of town, JL noticed the roosters had gone behind the post office sign. It was pretty cool to see these fellows - the kids just loved them!


We had a great time!

1 comment:

mdm said...

Love that Country Music and the country towns and stories they sing about. Your trip to Luckenbach sounds like so much fun and a dream-come-true!