Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where does the time go?

It's amazing how fast a month can slip by. Especially when you give 2 weeks of it to a stomach bug. And it's not even really this month that has escaped me, it's my life! Ever since I graduated from Jr. High it seems like time is in super fast motion. And it seems like ever since I've had children it's been bumped up even faster! I feel like it was only last week when I was just driving myself and my friend Brooke up to college for the first time and now WHAMO we each have 2 kids and live miles apart from each other. Sigh.

So much has happened and I've lagged behind in my posting, so I'm going to cheat and just post a little blurb about each picture. Hopefully July will be nice and calm and I can fit in all the stuff I'd like to get done. Yeah sure. And I don't say that at the end of every month......

We stained the concrete on our back patio:


Isabel started napping in her crib!



The kids got to see Grandma Parker!



Just a cool shot I took from our front porch I thought I'd share:



Isabel started rolling over. This is her Elvis look:

James decided he likes salsa!


Isabel went glam to church.




These two are interacting more and more lately. James is super sweet with his sister.




Will the real slim baby please stand up?



And most recently: We had our dear friends Jennifer and Samantha and Jack over. The kids enjoyed running through the sprinkler and playing with toys!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

We always love our play days with you guys!!

I think Samantha really does want to move in, and both kids were completely crashed out before we got out of your neighborhood!

We'll have to do it again soon.

(Oh yeah, can I get your lunch recipe when you get a chance)

thanks so much,
Jennifer

Erin Jeanne said...

Man! James and Isabel are too cute!! I love Izzy's Elvis face, she can borrow my nickname if she wants! F.U. says he can not wait to meet the real Slim Baby!! And play ball with Jamesie!

Stephanie T said...

You're telling me! I have no idea where the time has gone. I thought we just celebrated Rose and Jame's 6 month birthday, let alone their 2nd!

And I have to say with Ginger, it isn't fun not having a friend to celebrate her monthly birthdays with.
I really miss that, plus I wish Isabelle was just a few months older so I can ask you, hey is this normal for her age or whatever. And yes, after 4 kids I am still insecure!

Brooke said...

Lisa, I just caught up on your blog and I LOVE the pictures! Your kids are so adorable and it's amazing to me too how fast time flies when you see how quickly your little ones grow and change. Keep the blogging up, I feel like I've seen more about your family now than in the past few years!

Kelly said...

Oh, that stained concrete patio turned out nicely. I didn't realize you could do that, but it has a really nice look to it. Your grass in your back yard looks super green and pretty. I love the Elvis pose of Isabel and the cute shot of James playing with his sister. I'm sure she's a lot more fun for him now that her personality is starting to develop and she's not just lying there sleeping the way the newborns often are. Yes, time flies.

Kellie said...

You've been busy. Life definitely gets away from you. Just today I was thinking, if only I could live a thousand years... maybe then I could do everything I wanted. Sigh.

Annie said...

What up? I love the stained pad! I totally want to copy that. So, my question is when can James come fishing with his uncle in Utah? Love your blog even though I don't frequent any blog very often. JL once drove me through a fence down into a canal in a golf cart. Just an FYI for anyone driving with him. P.S. I had to use Annie's google name to post a comment. My name is not really Annz. Love Mike