Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ferber. Lisa Ferber

I'm happy to report that the sleep training appears to have worked! Isabel slept a full 9 hrs last night before I even heard a peep out of her. Then when I did - it was right back to sleep for another 2 hours! Ahhhhh to get my night sleep back!

The first night was pretty rough. She woke up at 2 (like normal) and cried and screamed for the next 1.5 hrs. But I fought through and stuck to the method and she finally settled down and put herself to sleep. Course, she woke up about an hour later at 5 (like normal) but this time she only cried for maybe 20 minutes before going back to sleep. To my surprise, she was in a relatively good mood the next day. She was tired - but not grumpy.

The second night went MUCH better. She woke at 2 again but this time she only cried for exactly 6 minutes! And it wasn't crying so much as it was complaining. She would squack every now and then like "Aren't you going to help me?" and then she was done. And at the 5 am wake time, she was asleep again before I could even get to her room!!!

And last night was just awesome! If she woke up at 2, I never heard her. Finally at 5:45 she squacked. I was in her room just long enough to pat her belly and reassure her and she was asleep again before I could even get back to my bed!

SUCCESS!!! And a bit of shock I must say. I thought for sure she would be tougher than James. He was super easy. But then he's a mellow kid. Isabel is a bit more strong willed. I thought she would hold out more than she did. I'm so grateful to be on the other end of this now! We're feeling so good about it, we're actually getting a babysitter this Friday and having a much needed date night!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What fabulous news! How exciting for you. I am so happy for you. Way to go! What is Ferber?

Erin Jeanne said...

Way to go Lisa and Izzy!! To sleep a whole night, it is such a wonderful thing! Congratulations!! Way to be strong Lis! I don't think I have that much will power, if Ben cries for more than 15 minutes I start to stress!

She is sooooo cute! I can't believe she is already 5 Months!!! I love the elephant waiding pool! Where did you find that? What a water lover Jamesie is!

Brooke said...

Congratulations - I always think it is such a turning point (for both mom and baby) when they finally start sleeping through the night. She is a BEAUTIFUL baby Lisa. It really is amazing how fast they grow and change.

ps. I'll get to that Husband tag soon. Does this mean I can put you on my links?