Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Swim Cap

James pulled out JL's swim caps this past Saturday from the garage. He brought them over to me and I heard that familiar phrase: "What's this?" I told him they were swim hats, but before I could finish the sentence, he was racing to the backyard with one cap in each hand. Apparently he knew exactly what to do with them now that he knew what they were. He asked me to put them on and this is the result:




I just had to laugh at the way the hat would smoosh the skin around his eyes. I know the thing had to be super tight and feel weird to him - but he didn't seem to mind. As soon as JL joined us, James was begging him to put one on too. I laughed so hard there were tears coming out of my eyes! Isabel seemed unimpressed by the sillyness of the situation. She was focued on eating my camera case!




4 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

OH LISA!!! THat is soooo funny! I am laughing out loud!! That kid is sooo darn cute! J.L.'s eyes smoosh the same way! Isabel is sooo sweet! CHew CHew Chew.. just like Ben.

Kelly said...

The swim cap: the newest fashion after Michael Phelps' big win. Your boys looks like stars. I need a new swim cap--my pink Speedo swim cap is torn (because I ignored the instructions on the side for the proper way to put it on and tore it trying to pull it down with my fingers rather than expanding it from the inside then gently pulling it over my head. I still wear it because it's better than none.

Auntie Muggs said...

OK that is some funny stuff right there!! I am laughing so hard...We totally have to submit those somewhere cause you could make millions!! Keep up the good photog'ing :)

Love auntie Muggs

Stephanie T said...

Did James have a growth spurt since I was there last week? He looks more like a 3 year old then a 2 year old. He is so cute, and the picture of him and JL is priceless. They look so alike.