Friday, January 14, 2011

Out of Hunger

Let's talk about dessert/treats. I am in total (did I say total? I meant sorta) new years eating healthy mode, so I want to vent (I mean talk) about all the yummy food that is escaping my life. Let's break it down like this:

My favorite desserts - in this order:

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - if you consume as much as I do, it counts as a dessert

2. Chocolate Chip Cookies - HOT and fresh out of the oven. This is NOT the same as a chocolate chip cookie

3. Brownies - again HOT and fresh is my preferable method. Also acceptable, HOT and smothered in vanilla ice cream

4. Cheesecake - pretty much any flavor here will do. Preferable some candy bar rendition or chocolate including variety.

5. Ice Cream - cookie dough ice cream is my favorite. If I can't have that, I'd like vanilla ice cream with oreo's and chocolate sauce on it, please.

6. Cake - chocolate with chocolate frosting. I'm only so so on other flavors. Maybe I will eat it, maybe I won't. What I will always eat is cake batter of any flavor

7. Pie - only on holidays. I'm not a fan

8. Doughnuts - only if they are warm and fresh

9. JELL-O - Isn't this just a food group?

10. Sweets like candy or candybars - I don't really have a huge candy thing, but I will eat a Twix or a Kit Kat or a Snickers if there is absolutely no other chocolate in the house



Don't think for a second that this is an all inclusive list. There are exceptions like Lemon Cupcakes - which I adore but don't have often, so I can't count it. OR Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars - which again I don't make often so can't count. The once in a whiles I adore because they are rare and special. But they can't make the list.

What about you? What are your favorites?

2 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

It makes me happy and sad that my diet conversation is partly to blame for your dessert lament. I feel ya, and pretty well agree with your list. sometimes I just put some of the cookie dough in the fridge with the intention of eating it all week with out making cookies!!! When we live together we are going to have to make a "calorie free" weekend once a month so we can endulge! (this means everything you eat has zero calories!!) Love ya!

Laura said...

Good luck with that, you have more will power than I do. Eat sugar free jello. It isn't bad, that is all we eat because shaun has diabetes.