Right now he's big into boy stuff. He likes to camp with Dad and hunt for bugs/animals/critters. He is a sweetheart and also quick to say thank you and please. He continues to be a stickler for rules and has a good appreciation for his boundaries. I think he is old beyond his few years sometimes. He's a very deep thinking. Often he'll ponder something for a few hours and then bring up the subject later on with a whole new batch of questions.
He continues his huge love of baseball! He can hit a ball clear out of the yard with his metal bat. He also has a new love for basketball and karate. He's a very good helper - often times he will ask me if there is something he can do for me around the house. He's very good at unloading the dishwasher and putting his laundry in his closet. He works hard and without complaint.
Five seems like such a milestone birthday. I have to admit, today is an emotional one for me. I look at James and think to myself 'that is the little boy I brought home from the hospital just a short time ago! And now look at him! So self-sufficient and smart!' I plan to relish these last few months remaining before he starts school and enters a whole new part of his little life.
We love him to pieces. I can't wait to see all the new and fun things he learns over the next five years.
2 comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday, James!!! Love the story you Mom tells on your 5th birthday. You're such a precious little boy! We love you too!!!!
Happy Birthday to James! What a great boy he is! Today has been a tough day for me too. I am glad we have been able to share the journey with such a great friends (little and big:-)
Post a Comment