Monday, June 4, 2012

Birthday Boy

James is six!  6!!  SIX!!!  Hard to believe - but so far, so fun!  He has really grown into an exceptional little man!  He's responsible, funny, athletic, and so so sweet.

Right before school - wearing his new shirt.  Star Wars is life currently!

Izzy helped me make the cupcakes for his class

She loves loves loves to stir!

Me and the kids surprised James at lunch time.  His current favorite thing is a SubWay sandwich, so we brought him one.  I had packed him a fake lunch so he wouldn't suspect.  You should have seen his face!  ;-)

Wyatt thought it was awesome to see James at his school!



Our Cupcakes for class

James with his sweet teacher.  She brought him  up to the front so we could all sing to him.

Then James got to pick his candles - kids to represent each candle.  They put their arms up above their head until he blows them out then they clap.  It was really cute.

After school means present time!!!




For his birthday dinner he requested Sloppy Joe's.  I also made him Grandma's famous chocolate cake (from scratch) - but you won't see any pictures from either of these events.  I had, shall we say, hit the end of my rope by this time of night so things were rushed and got a bit crazy.  All in all his special day was a huge success.  He's so proud to be six.  And I swear, he has grown like 2 inches since his big day!

2 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

A good day! I really thought his teacher was cool too! 6! where does the time go!

mdm said...

Can't believe James is 6 already-- time really does fly by. How great that Izzy and Wyatt got to go to his school B-day party and helped you make those gorgeous cupcakes.