The salon was all about kids. They had these super fun chairs the kids could sit in. James got a black jeep while Isabel occupied the pink jeep. The wheels moved and so did the steering wheel! James thought that was too cool. They also had movies for the kids to watch while they got clipped and/or video cames they could play. Neither of mine were interested in any of that though. They were both too fascinated with the process and the newness of the activity.
They loved it! The hairstylists couldn't believe this was the first cut for either of them because they were so calm and well-behaved. James is always Mr. Cool, but I worried Isabel wouldn't be able to sit still and/or wouldn't like someone else touching and mauling her head. Boy was I wrong. She was like a princess up there! She knew just what to do and how to act and enjoyed the attention.
And I love the cut she got. The lady put in a few layers to bring out the curls and trimmed up her bangs so they don't hang quite so bad in her face. Isabel seemed to love it too - she was so proud to show Daddy and prance around showing off her fancy new style. Business was about the same for James. He didn't seem to care one way or the other. He was glad to have the hair out of his eyes in the front, but he's too boy to dwell on a little ol' haircut for too long. But I like the way his turned out too. It is very Hanson-esq.
At the end James got a pirate tattoo and Isabel got a new clip for her new 'do. She also got a manicure! Again, she knew exactly what to do when she saw the little nail table. She sat right down and said "I want blue please!" So, she got her nails painted electric blue! They are soooo cute.
This is the two of them the next day. Isabel was so excited to do her hair the next morning she requested nearly every bow we own. I had to give in and decorate her all up. Notice how she showed me each side of her head so I got the full effect! ;-)
3 comments:
James has the shiniest hair ever! Matt's was like that in highschool all long and shiny! That James is one fine looking guy! Glad he kept his surfer hair! Isabel really is a "pickle frog"! She is soo cute! I love that she knows to get her nails done too! I like the hair cut, she has awesome curls! And that salon you found looks out standing!
cute haircuts! Joe and I argue back and forth about longer hair for our boys - I think it can look cute and James certainly pulls it off!
Love Isabel's proud poses too
What a great salon to take the kids for their first haircut. James looks great (what great hair he has); and Izzy definitely knew how to take in all the "perks" of a salon--hairdo and manicure. You have the cutest kids!!!!!
Post a Comment