We started our Father's Day on Friday. JL and I got a babysitter so we could go out to dinner. We planned to go watch the sun set at a restaurant on the lake. It was beautiful. View = fantastic. Food = not so great.*
![]() |
| Ah, dinner out. |
![]() |
| JL chillin' as he watches the boats go by. |
![]() |
| Beautiful! |
The next morning, we took a road trip for some good ol' BBQ. This is one of our favorite activities. Especially during the summer. Double especially during the summer when I'm 6 mo's pregnant! It's a great way for me to sit in some air conditioning! ;-)
![]() |
| The Boys |
![]() |
| The Pit |
![]() |
| We all loved the food! Some of the best! |
![]() |
| Arrrr brisket! |
By Sunday, the kids were SO ready to give Dad his presents! James had given a "hint" that was actually more like a "tell Dad exactly what I got him" late Saturday night. So.... that one wasn't a surprise. But the other two held it together pretty well! Especially considering JL always pumps them (being the youngest, sweetest one) for information! But Wyatt kept quiet! I was so proud.
![]() |
| James explaining the card he made for Dad. He drew him as a baseball player. :) |
![]() |
| A new catchers mitt and ball. |
![]() |
| Of course, they had to go out and test drive it. ;-) |
![]() |
| Izzy also made Dad a fabulous card. She wrote her name on it and Dad and then drew him a picture of himself. |
![]() |
| A new vest! Desperately needed! |
![]() |
| Wyatt explaining his card. He wrote the letter D and drew some scribbles. He also fashioned a few football stickers on there to give it some flare. ;-) |
![]() |
| A sweet camo hat! |
![]() |
| Manny did his part with some paper clean up. |
![]() |
| Which led Wyatt to do the same... |
![]() |
| For Dad's special dinner, we had decided on ravioli and chocolate chip cheesecake. Isabel helped me with both! Here she is stamping out some rav's. |
![]() |
| About to go in the oven! |
Fabulous day/weekend! We love Daddy and are so grateful for all he does for us!
* I should note (for you locals) that we were not at the Oasis. Or rather, that particular restaurant - we were actually at Uncle Billy's BBQ (at the Oasis.)





















2 comments:
I just have to say I love your blog. Your kids are so cute and it looks like you really are living the good life on the ranch, at the lake, playing with those cute kids and being such a good mom. Looks like JL had a good father's day too :) Anyway, keep the updates coming. I think of you every time I drive by your parents house and miss you! Love you guys,
Brooke
What a fun Father's Day! You always plan such fun activities and good meals to make every day so special. JL looks like he had a great day/weekend.
Post a Comment