Monday, June 4, 2012

Mothers Day

Mothers Day 2012!  The kids surprised me right away with presents in bed!  ;-)  What a way to start a morning!  James (in school) had made a cute little lunch bag that had breakfast in it for me - it consisted of a blueberry muffin.  Apparently, it was suppose to have a packet of coffee beans and/or a packet of tea, but my sweet little boy had the sense to kindly tell his teacher that I don't drink either of those items.  ;-)  So, I got my muffin and a moment of joy in knowing that my little guy cares enough to speak up about something like that.  



I also got a Texas shaped waffle iron!  I've been wanting one for forever!

My loot.  With James in school this year and having the ability to write, it was my first year to get an actual card from him.  Complete with adorable kindergarten writing and a personal message in it.  To follow his lead, Izzy and Wyatt each made me a card - I love them all!


Unfortunately, I didn't get my annual picture of me and the kids dressed up in our church clothes.  Right after church, everyone (starting with Wyatt) came down with an awful stomach bug!  It turned icky quick and the holiday rapidly ended.  Luckily, it was short lived and by Tuesday, we were all back up to speed.


2 comments:

Erin Jeanne said...

That is really cool that he thought to not have the tea or coffee! They listen so much more than we give them credit for! Sorry you all got sick!

mdm said...

Love the Texas waffle maker and how fun to have all the Kids making Mom's day so special. Love the fact that James knows so much about his Mom and what she likes/doesn't like.