Monday, October 3, 2011

Plane Jam

James and I had projects last week.

James' class had been talking about transportation all week. He had a project due that Friday that was to build a means of transportation. The student had to choose the method, and then parents could help with construction.

James chose an "Army Aircraft Carrier." I bought a few wooden sticks from the craft store, some green and brown paint, and a few yellow stars. He has such a great imagination!! The plane came together right before my eyes! I didn't even help him that much! He built the wings, the tail, did all the painting and 90% of the gluing construction fo the finished project. I love to watch his intense brain work to figure out a puzzle!

Tah-Dah!

Didn't he do a great job?

Me and my bestie made Apple Jam for the first time. I know, not near as impressive as the plane - but it was fun!

Behold: Apple Jam! Isn't it pretty? Very fall-like.

2 comments:

mdm said...

Great job, James! Your Plane looks wonderful . . .and so does you Jam, Lisa! You always do the neatest projects/things.

Erin Jeanne said...

The plane is outstanding!!!! I mean really! can anyone say Genious!! or Engineer in the making!

And I am sooo impressed with the jam. I want to try it when we come down. I dont know that I have ever tasted apple jam. The pot of it cooking makes me feel all warm and homey!