Today the kids and I made my mom's recipe for sugar cookies. It was a great activity for the kids. They took great care stamping out their shapes and placing them on the baking sheet. It took us a good 2 hours to get them all stamped out and frosted. In that time, the kids did a great job sharing the rolling pin, sharing the counter space, and sharing the cookie cutters. Several times I would stop to watch how cute and wonderful my family is. James would sing a word here and there to the music coming through our stereo, Isabel (who is always singing) was to focused on stamping out the perfect cookie to join in. Wyatt was chasing a tupperware around the kitchen that I'd placed on the tile for him, giggling and squealing with joy. Every now and then a clump of flour or dough would fall to the floor and he'd race over to inspect it. (If Pancho wasn't there first, that is.)
Stampin' out their pre-measured flour
Pouring in the flour
Sampling the dough


Rollin out
Ready to stamp for real!I couldn't help but smile at the happiness this activity suddenly had brought to my afternoon. I know this is a day I'll look back on often. I have 3 wonderful kids. And while I sometimes get weary of them following me around
everywhere and asking me a million "why" question, I am grateful for this special time when they are little and I am their world. They want to hang out with me more than anything else, and that means a lot to me. I am truly blessed.
Wyatt eating a cookie right out of the oven. (Notice those top two teeth? They showed up this morning finally!
Time to frost!
Time to sample!One messy kitchen, 2 flour covered muckles, and 24 cookies later we were all giggling and enjoying Christmas music. They might not win any beauty contests, but they are spectacular cookies, if you ask me. :)
5 comments:
Awesome post lis!! made me a little teary eyed! It is sometimes hard to feel the joy through the mess! this looks like sooo much fun! ben and I may have to try it!
I treasure those sweet moments too! they grow up way too fast. Your a wonderful mother Lisa!
Very sweet!
I love those moments, sometimes they are too easy to overlook.
Loved this post Lisa! Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom and do such fun activities. Time flies by and it's great to remember these sweet moments.
Lis, you're a FANTASTIC MOM and making sugar cookies with your Sweet Kids has got to be the makings of a great day (of course, making snow flakes and having a slumber party rank right up there with very special moments too.) You're so smart to take advantage of each and every precious moment with your Family 'cuz they're not "little" near long enough. Great pictures and great commentary!!!! Loved it!
Post a Comment